MECCA MAX - First Impressions

Mecca Maxima is my ultimate hub for all things makeup, so when I heard they were realising their very own line of makeup I knew I had to get my hands on it ASAP! When I walked in on Tuesday morning I almost blacked out as I was so excited. I saw the most beautiful almost 80s style packaging of the Mecca Max collection and from that moment forward todays blogpost was going to be a Mecca Max First Impressions.


Triple Threat – Powder Face Shaper
This face palette is amazing, the bronzer, blush and highlight work together to create an amazing base. The bronzer applies nicely to the skin as it is not to warm, meaning it is great for any naturally pale skin tones. The blush is very natural and has a great formula. Finally, my favourite, the highlight. The highlight in this palette is a sensation, it is completely buildable which means it is amazing for a natural or a blinding highlight and it also wears very well throughout the day, hardly fading at all. I would 100% recommend this palette to everyone!


Eyephoria – Eyeshadow Palette
I hate to admit it but this palette is something I am still a little on the fence about. Though the eyeshadows swatch well and blend amazingly, I find that you need to build them up quite a bit to achieve the desired pigmentation/look, however when you do finally get there it does look phenomenal. The highlighting shade in this palette is great for the brow bone (10/10 would recommend), however I find that it seems to apply a little chunky to the inner corner of the eye. Overall, I would say that this palette is nice but I do need to play with it a little more before I can fully form an opinion on this one.


Life Proof – Cream Concealer
When I first swatched this instore I was a little sceptical as it seems to only apply quite a thin layer of concealer, but trust me a thin layer is all you need. This concealer is extremely pigmented and seems to cover any blemish with ease, I was pleasantly surprised. The formula also allows for seamless bendability into foundation.  Overall, I must say that I was very impressed.


Poison Ivy – Hi-Def Lipstick
I freaking love this lipstick!!! Besides the pleasantly creative packaging of this lipstick, it is also incredibly pigmented with a formula that feels amazing on your lips (almost hydrating). The hi-def lipstick wears like a dream lasting almost 4+ hours, after which it begins to fade very evenly on the lips, which is always fantastic if you live a fast paced life where touch ups aren’t always a reality. The only teeny tiny negative I have is the shape of the lipstick bullet; I find the angle for application very odd as it makes the lipstick a little harder to apply, but other than that it is absolutely fantastic!


Thank you for reading my first impressions of some products from the new Mecca Max collection. Let me know in the comments if you have purchased anything from the range and how you feel about it. I hope you have a great day. Bye bye for now xx

Comments

Popular Posts