Dealing with Anxiety


Anxiety, something that I and many other others struggle with on a daily basis. It can be extremely hard to get a handle on which is completely understandable. However, lately I have been trying my absolute best to improve my mental health and have been succeeding one little mini hurdle at a time, (I am going to a nightclub tomorrow, which for others may not seem like a big deal but for me this is one big, giant leap). I thought I would share with you some tiny little things I am currently using to reduce my anxiety levels, after all if you can help a single person in some way, you can make a difference. 

Exercise 

I know that this is something a lot of people will groan at, (trust me, I did too up until a few months ago), but it really does help release a lot of tension and stress from your body and allow you to gain some control of the thoughts racing through your mind. Even if it is a small ten minute walk in fresh air, getting your body moving can boost your happiness levels and begin to make you feel more relaxed. 

Using Technology (Apps/Podcasts) 
In this wonderful modern day world we live in, there is nothing technology can’t help you with including anxiety. On my iPhone there are two very important things I use to help keep my anxiety at bay; 
  • RelaxMelodies - A wonderful app that is full of different kinds of calming sounds, from crickets to rain. It has absolutely everything. However, what I love the most about this app is that you have the opportunity to mix the calming sounds together in order to make your very own relaxing melody. This app is great at calming my anxiety, whether I be on the bus, train or simply trying to fall asleep.
  • The Mindful Kind - This is a wonderful podcast, hosted by the lovely Rachael Kable, which discusses all topics of the mind and its mental health. I find it to be a great aid in helping to organise messy thoughts and to calm nerves. Hearing another person’s experiences and thoughts on topics can be very therapeutic. This podcast has also covered almost every topic, which means there is a little something for everyone. 

Scheduling Time to be Calm and Still 
This one is a little easier said then done as most of us lead very busy, jam packed lifestyles which can be hard to get away from. However, I find that even scheduling five minutes to yourself at night can help to keep anxious thoughts out of sight and out of mind. Whether it be simply taking five minutes to read a chapter of a book or having a glass of wine and a relaxing bath. Five minutes can be an absolute lifesaver. 

Thank you for reading this blogpost about dealing with anxiety, I hope it at least helped someone in a tiny way. Let me know in the comments if you have any tips on how you deal with your anxiety. Bye bye for now xx 

P.S. You can find me on social media; 

Instagram: @blendandspend

Comments

Popular Posts