Summer Makeup Routine


Summer is almost here! Which means that it is definitely time to grab out all those luminous highlights, foundations and whatever else that you have stacked away to create that perfect summer glow! However, sometimes it can be so overwhelming that it is hard to know where to start which is why I thought I would share with you my current summer makeup routine, making life maybe just a tiny bit easier. 


Base 

Moisturiser 
The most important part of a glowing summer look is of course the skincare that you put under it as the right skincare creates a radiant finish to the skin. I have been loving using the Glamglow Glowstarter Mega Illuminating Moisturiser as the perfect base! This one creates an amazing pearlised glow to my very pale and otherwise dull skin that lasts all day, keeping my skin looking endlessly flawless and fresh.

Primer 
I feel as if when it comes to hydrated, dewy looking skin Too Faced always take the cake, which is why I love using the Hangover Primer to create a flawless base. Whilst giving a radiant finish it also nourishes and revives the skin to ensure that my makeup lasts the entire day without needing any touch ups. What more could I ask for? 

Foundation 
My favourite foundation to use for a summer look is the Too Faced - Born This Way as it contains coconut water meaning that my very dry skin is kept looking and feeling hydrated throughout the day. This foundation makes for there perfect summer glow! 

Setting Powder 
I’m sure if you have been following me for a while now you would know all about my love for the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder - Luminous Light, and of course I have to use it for my radiant summer glow. This is a setting powder which is designed to reflect a certain amount of light off the face, leaving a very natural glow. 

Bronzer/Blush/Highlight 
For my bronzer, blush and highlight I always love to go for one of my all time favourites, the Too Faced Sweet Peach Glow face palette. This palette is amazing for summer as it creates the perfect glow to the face whilst shaping, highlighting and providing a little burst of colour! Plus, it blends like an absolute dream. 


Eyes 

Brows
I feel as if this time of the year is the perfect time of the year to sport the “unkept” brow look as summer is all about being free and relaxing, which is why I usually go for a quick and simple clear brow gel to set any stray hairs in place. I am currently using the Napoleon Perdis Wand-er Brow. This stuff is like cement for the brows, making sure that no brow hairs move throughout the day. 

Eyeshadow 
When it comes to my summer eyeshadow looks I love going for something that is more toned down than usual as I believe summer is the perfect time to let your natural features shine. The Tarte Tartelette Amazonian Clay Matte Palette is perfect for this look, creating just the right amount of shading without adding unneeded shimmer. Keeping on the simple theme I only use three shadow shades - Force of Nature for the mobile lid, Power Player for the crease and outer corner and finally Super Mom for the inner corner and brow highlight. 

Mascara 
As usual, no matter the season, the Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara is my favourite to use! This mascara makes my lashes so long and fluttery that it is hard to live without, absolutely nothing compares. 

Lips
Summer lips are the easiest part of my routine as it is usually just a quick coat of gloss and I’m ready to rock and roll. I have been loving using the Too Faced glosses lately as they feel amazing on the lips, leaving them feeling perfectly nourished without being way too sticky. The gloss that I am currently using the most is the limited edition Too Faced Funfetti in the shade Mocha Freeze. I feel as if I should have grabbed about 1000 back ups of this gloss! 

Thank you for reading this blogpost! Let me know what your favourite products to create a perfect summer look are! Bye bye for now xx 

P.S. You can find me on social media; 

Instagram: @blendandspend


P.P.S. It is only whilst writing this post up that I have realised that I use an awful lot of Too Faced products, which means I need to try some more brands, does anyone have any recommendations? 

Comments

Popular Posts