Relaxing Night In

If anyone is like me, this time of the year gets extremely busy, which means I barely have time to catch my breath and finding time to relax can be more than a little difficult. However, lately I have been scheduling one night a week to put my feet up, wind down and relax. I thought I would share with you my routine for a relaxing night in. 


My first step to a relaxing night in after I come home and enjoy a nice dinner is to take a relaxing bath. There are three elements that make a bath more relaxing (sometimes a bath can make me a little more agitated if I am not fully relaxed), a nice bath bomb, scented candles and great music. 
  • My favourite bath bomb to use is from Lush (obviously, haha). The intergalactic bath bomb is perfect for me as it contains peppermint oil, which does wonders for my skin and is one of my favourite scents in the world. 
  • Scented candles are a great way to help relax. My two favourite candles to light in the bath are Warm Vanilla Sugar by Bath and Body Works and Pink Butter Icing by Dusk. I also find that these two scents work extremely well with each other, which is always a plus. 
  • Finally, good music works wonders for a relaxing bath. I will always put on a favourite artist that I am guaranteed to enjoy listening to, lately I have been listening to Fleetwood Mac or Harry Styles, either way I will be left with a good tune in my head. 

After I have had a relaxing bath I love to give my hair, skin and nails a little extra love; 
  • I usually give my hair a good coat of coconut oil as I find that it does a fantastic job at nourishing my hair. I tend to leave this one on overnight so it has time to repair my dry scalp and any split ends. 
  • I will always go for a face mask on a relaxing evening as I find it amazing to nourish my skin. At the moment I don’t have a particular face mask I use as I love to have a play with many different face masks to discover one that works best for me. 
  • I find painting my nails very relaxing as it is a repetitive activity I don’t have to think too much about. Lately, I have been all about Essie nail polishes, my favourites are go ginza, fiji and set in stones. 

My final step of a relaxing evening is to sit down and watch an ultimate guilty pleasure show with some tv watching snacks. 
  • I have way too many shows that I love to relax with but usually I will choose from Friends (obviously), The Nanny, Scrubs or McLeod’s Daughters (an Australian classic really). 
  • I have a very big sweet tooth so when it comes to a tv snack, I alway choose chocolate. Is there anything better? 

Thank you for reading this blogpost, I hope you enjoyed it. Let me know in the comments how you like to spend a relaxing night in. Bye bye for now xx 

P.S. You can find me on social media; 


Instagram: @blendandspend

Comments

Popular Posts