My Top 5 Must Read Books

If you ever can’t find me or if you think I have disappeared, the reality is that I usually am hiding away from the world with my head stuck in a book. That’s right, I’m a book worm. It doesn’t matter whether it is a horror or a love story, put a book in front of me and I will read it. Which is why I thought I would share with you my top 5 book recommendations.


5. The Night Circus – Erin Morgenstern
Though this book is a little complex to read at times, it so effortlessly transports you into another realm where, with a little bit of magic, anything is possible. The two main characters must compete with each other for the title of the best magician. Their battle ground? The night circus, a circus that arrives without any warning and disappears just the same. I can’t say too much about this book without giving anything away, so all I can say is; READ, READ READ!


4. All the Bright Places – Jennifer Niven
This book is an absolute heartbreaker; it follows the life of two suicidal teens who coincidentally meet on the ledge of a rooftop. Through their bond made on the rooftop they care for each other and work on making their lives better. This is a tragic love story that I wish had never ended. An absolute must read!


3. To Kill a Mockingbird – Harper Lee
You may need to excuse the appearance of this book, it has been in my family longer than I have and is very well loved. When I first read this book I was only a 12 year old little girl who had a lot to learn and let me tell you I definitely learnt a few things from this book, I think that is why it holds a place so close to my heart. I won’t describe the plot as it might give it away, all you need to know is, Scout, Jem and Atticus teach many lessons in the form of racial equality, morality and class which will be forever imbedded in my brain. It is the kind of book each individual will take away a little something different from, after all - “You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view … until you climb into his skin and walk around in it.”


2. The Book Thief – Markus Zusak
This book is simply a masterpiece. It offers a very different and harrowing perspective on the holocaust, following the life of a little orphaned German girl, Liesel or The Book Thief. Liesel learns to read and gains a love of books from her very caring foster father and eventually does anything she can to gain more books. What makes the book so interesting is the fact that is is narrated by death himself as he tells the tale of his awful job and experiences with Liesel. I won’t lie and say that this book offers a happy ending because it really doesn’t, it offers a lot of pain and sorrow, which is one the reasons I love it so much, not everything in life is sugar coated, so why act like it is?


1.     The Art of Racing in the Rain – Garth Stein
I don’t even know where to start in communicating my love for this book, it is just so perfect. Usually after I finish a book I put it away and don’t ever think of it again. However, after I finished this book I was honestly still in tears about it a week later, (I wish I was kidding). It follows a dog named Enzo and his life with his owner Denny. Throughout his life Enzo educates himself on the absurdity of human life and constantly wishes that when he dies he will be reincarnated as one. My love for this book comes from the fact that it offers nothing but love and hope, as well as having the most satisfying ending to a book I think I have ever read.  

Thank you for reading this post about my top five must read books, I hope you enjoyed it. Let me know in the comments if you have any book recommendations that you think I would enjoy. Bye for now xx

P.S. You can find me on social media;


Instagram: @blendandspend

Comments

Popular Posts