Keeping Hydrated - Winter Skincare


We all know in the winter months it becomes extremely hard to keep our skin looking hydrated and feeling fantastic. However, this winter I have been doing my absolute best to make this happen and it is actually working. So, I thought I would share with you my simple skincare routine to keeping my skin looking hydrated in winter.


Cleansing
This winter cleansing is something that I have completely dialled back on, having eliminated any harsh or abrasive products that I feel in the past have done my skin more damage than good as I am focusing on keeping my skin moisturised. For this purpose, I am currently only using the Garnier Micellar Water to remove my makeup and cleanse my skin of any excess oils or nasty pollution. I find that this cleanser is perfect at doing its job gently and not being unnecessarily harsh on the skin.

Moisturising
Moisturising is the step where things get a little complicated as I use many products for different parts of my body. However, all of which serve a specific purpose and do a great job at keeping me moisturised.


On my face I use the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturising Lotion +. This does a great job at keeping away any dry patches or flaky under eye circles, keeping my skin highly moisturised at all times.


I have a specific moisturiser for my hands as at work I am constantly sanitizing them which often makes them crack and become a lot drier than they already are. I use the Lush Dream Cream, which is a very thick lotion full of natural ingredients that are designed to help repair the skin as quickly as possible. It also contains oat milk which helps in soothing and calming the skin whilst moisturising. I don’t know where I would be without this.


For my body I use the Lush Sympathy for the Skin body lotion. This one is a little different to the Dream Cream as it is a little lighter and less intense. The light consistently of the product means that I can use it all over my body without feeling sticky as it absorbs into the skin almost instantly. It also has a rich cocoa butter scent which means that I smell amazing all day long, always a plus in my opinion.

Appearing Hydrated
Though these next few products aren’t exactly “skincare”, I constantly use them to ensure my skin looks hydrated even with makeup on all day long.


I find that if you choose the right primer your skin will look flawless and hydrated throughout the day. I am constantly wearing the Too Faced Hangover primer as it contains lots of extra goodies such as coconut water, meaning that whilst also making your makeup last all day it is conditioning and hydrating too.


As well as using a primer to keep my skin hydrated, I always spray my face with a little bit of MAC Fix + before I put any sort of makeup on my face. I find that this creates a hydration to the skin that lasts all day long, keeping your makeup looking forever fresh.

Thank you for reading my current skincare routine, I hope you have a lovely day. Let me know in the comments what your current skincare routine in is. Bye for now xx

P.S. You can find me on social media;


Instagram: @blendandspend

Comments

Popular Posts