A LITTLE PICK ME UP - LIFESTYLE HAUL


Last Thursday afternoon I was feeling a little down in the dumps and decided that I could use some retail therapy as a little pick me up, so that is exactly what I did. I thought that since I already have plethora of different beauty products I would steer clear and try to buy some lifestyle bits and pieces to brighten up the winter months. So, without further ado, here are some of the pieces I purchased.



The first piece I popped into my basket was this gorgeous mint green throw. It is amazingly soft and thick to keep you warm in the winter months as well as being a perfect accessory to add on the end of a bed or couch. I also thought the mint green colour would do a great job at brightening up a bedroom in winter as most winter lifestyle accessories are often quite dull and boring.


I then picked up this potted fake succulent as I am well aware that I have the ability to kill any plant humanly possible, even succulents. It is potted in a white glass geometric patterned pot that gives a little extra décor and dimension to a simple home accessory. I find that this plant does an excellent job at adding colour to an otherwise dull space.


I think this next purchase is a great example of what amazing homeware and prices K-Mart have as I didn’t really need to purchase a geometric tea light candle holder, however, I did. I just couldn’t pass up this candle holder as it has a beautiful gold frame and was ONLY $3!!! Who could ever pass up a candle holder that is only $3?


I thought that this fluffy baby pink key ring would be the perfect way to accessories my car keys. Though I will say that it is quite big, so anyone who is a little afraid of a statement piece may need to steer clear. It is the best way to distinguish my keys from the four other people’s keys in my house, as well as making them extremely easy to find in my handbag.


After all of my snap decision purchases in K-Mart I then decided to have a look in Sportsgirl, which to be honest is always a good idea (maybe not the greatest for my bank account). The first thing I picked up was this delightful beanie. As a person hats and beanies are my number one accessory that I always struggle to resist, so when I saw the gorgeous multi coloured pom pom on top I buckled. I thought that this beanie would be an amazing way to add a little pop of colour to any outfit, considering most of my clothes consist of black and white.  


I also picked up another hat, however this one is a little summerier. I was so excited when I found this hat as I have been looking for something exactly like this for a few years now.  It is a broad brimmed straw hat which would be perfect for a beach day.


I thought this little clear pouch would be absolutely perfect for a makeup bag to carry bits and pieces to touch up my makeup throughout the day. Plus, it is filled with pink sequins which will forever make me happy.  


I then picked up these cute little sockets to wear with my work boots, as normal socks often peek out the top. They are a glorious sky blue colour and are covered in the cutest pink flamingos, as well as another pair that have a small pink trim around the top. I am completely obsessed.


Finally, I took a stroll through the bookstore, which is my happy place, so naturally I had to pick up a few books. I picked up three books that I have been dying to read for quite some time. The books I bought were Remind Me of How This Ends by Gabrielle Tozer, 13 Reasons Why by Jay Asher and Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell.

Those were all the bits and pieces I picked up whilst shopping. Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Let me know in the comments what you have recently picked up. Bye for now xx

P.S. You can find me on social media;


Instagram: @blendandspend

Comments

Popular Posts