2017 Beauty Favourites


Can you believe that 2017 is over and that we are already beginning a new year? Neither can I…but I must admit one of my favourite things about a new year is hearing all about everyones best beauty discoveries of the year, (can you tell that I live and breathe beauty?). This year I discovered an incredibly long list of new beauty favourites, it was very hard to narrow it down to just a few products I wanted to share with you all! 


Nars Audacious Lipstick - Lana 
Lana was probably one of my favourite discoveries of 2017, I finally found my perfect red lipstick! Lana is a gorgeous orange red that looks amazing whether I am tan or very pale (which is my true form haha), it is also the perfect red for hot weather, which is Australia is almost all year round. Plus, the formula feels luxuriously hydrating on the lips and lasts for hours at a time! 


MAC Amplified Lipstick - Blankety 
I cannot believe that I only discovered this shade this year, it feels like it has been in my life forever.  Blankety has become my all time favourite nude (maybe even lipstick all together). The colour is perfect for me as it is very cool toned and brings down the very red pigment of my lips, which is often hard to do, not to mention that the formula feels amazing on the lips and that I am an absolute sucker for the smell of MAC Lipsticks, how could you not be? 


Stila Eyeshadows 
Though none of the Stila Eyeshadows were in any way new and exciting, I fell completely in love with them! Each eyeshadow palette is filled with incredible shades that can be mixed and matched to create a plethora of amazing looks! I have two absolute must have palettes which I have used relentlessly this year; Eyes Are The Window - Soul Palette and the Perfect Me, Perfect Hue Medium/Tan Palette. Plus, the formulas feel and look gorgeous. 


Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder 
This past year I discovered my love of glowing skin, the obsession started all because of the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder. The concept of the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder is to set your foundation and face whilst adding an amazing glow to the skin, which leaves you looking flawlessly filtered all day long. Each shade mimics a certain type of light and the way it reflects onto the skin, I am currently using Luminous Light which adds a very sun kissed light onto the face. I am  completely in love. 


Too Faced - Sweet Peach Palette 
Do I even have to explain why I love this one so much? Even though 2017 was not the year the Sweet Peach Palette was released, it was the year that I finally cracked and had to purchase it. After one use, I was obsessed, the Sweet Peach Palette quickly became my go to eyeshadow palette. The formulas of the eyeshadows are gloriously blendable and buttery, not to mention the shades, which means that it takes only minutes to create the perfect eye for any occasion. 


Stila Stay All Day Eyebrow Pencil - Dark Brown 
2017 was the year of eyebrow experimenting for me, I spent most of my time hunting for the perfect eyebrow pencil and boy did I find it. I don’t have enough words to describe my love for the Stila Stay All Day Eyebrow Pencil. What is so fantastic about it is the fact that the tip is so tiny, making application extremely easy, creating the tiniest realistic hair like strokes in the brow. Plus, the colour is the perfect match for my natural hair colour. 


Dr Dennis Gross - Universal Daily Peel 
I know it is a little unfair to add a product that I only discovered in December, but the Dr Dennis Gross Universal Daily Peel has truly changed my life. After months of all my work colleagues ranting and raving about how fantastic it was, I cracked and now I will never turn back. After only using this product for 3 weeks my skin already looks visibly healthier, the two step chemical exfoliator reduces the size of my pores, rids any uneven tones and removes any dead skin cells. My skin is left looking flawless, I have even noticed that my makeup definitely applies smoother and more evenly.

Thanks for reading my 2017 beauty favourites! Let me know in the comments what your favourite beauty products of 2017 were, I would love to hear about them. I hope you all have a lovely day! Bye bye for now xx 

P.S. You can find me on social media; 


Instagram: @blendandspend 

Comments

Popular Posts