MAY FAVOURITES


As I am sitting here writing this blogpost I am finding it very hard to believe that it is the last day of May and to be honest, I am a little sad to see it go. May has been my favourite month of the year so far, it has brought me so many good things that I will be forever grateful for; I became a fully qualified makeup artist (YAY), saw so many friendships flourish and as cheesy as it sounds discovered a little more about myself (vom from all that cheesiness). However, above all I found/rediscovered many makeup products that I fell in love with, so without further ado I present to you my May favourites.


Too Faced – Sweet Peach Eyeshadow Palette
I know that I’m a little late to the party on this one but it took me a little while to learn to love this eyeshadow palette. When it first came out in Australia a few months ago I all but ran to the shops to get it, but when I started using it I found some of the shadows didn’t live up to my expectations as they were a little chalky and a lot less pigmented than I thought they would be. However, a few weeks ago I decided to give it a second try, because after all I did spend $70 on it, and I absolutely loved it. The Sweet Peach palette has become a staple in my everyday makeup routine, on a regular basis I use the shades, Georgia, Puree, Summer Yum and Luscious to create what has become my new favourite eyeshadow look. I love this palette with all my heart and would 100% recommend that if you haven’t already go and buy it ASAP.


Jeffree Star – Velour Liquid Lipstick – Celebrity Skin
As someone whose job doesn't allow them a lot of time throughout the day to reapply lipstick, I have been on the hunt for a lipstick that lasts all day without needing a top up and I have definitely found it with this product. This lipstick lasts 8+ hours through meals and endless chitchat without fading or smudging, it is a godsend. Celebrity Skin is my favourite shade as it is the prefect nude for every occasion and goes with almost every makeup look.


MAC – Fix +
This is yet another favourite that I’m sure I don’t even have to explain myself on, but I have recently rediscovered it due to problematic skin. In recent months going into winter my skin has become very dry and I have been finding that it makes my makeup crack, separate and settle in my pores, no matter what sort of hydrating foundation I use. I decided that I would try to use Fix + to hydrate my skin right before I applied foundation and let me tell you it has become my absolute saviour. My makeup lasts all day without becoming dry or flaky, it is amazing.


Clinique – Blushing Blush – Bashful Plum
I will admit that I only discovered this blush within the last week and a half of the month, however I have been loving it so much that I thought it deserved a mention. This is the perfect shade of blush for any makeup look whether it is a dark autumn or a fun spring, it is an amazing neutral. There are no words that would do this blush justice, all I can say is that blends so perfectly onto the skin, making it look so incredibly beautiful.


Benefit – Hoola Lite Bronzer
As someone who is very pale it is always very hard to find a bronzer that isn’t violently orange on my skin tone, so when I saw benefit was releasing a bronzer in a lighter shade I knew I had to have it. This is the perfect product for adding colour back in to the skin after foundation, making those with lighter skin tones look sun kissed without being too dark. I am totally head over heels with this and have been using it every single day since I bought it.


Hourglass – Ambient Lighting Powder – Luminous Light
This month I rediscovered the Hourglass – Ambient Lighting Powder and have honestly used it almost every single day since the month began. I think a lot of people mistake this powder for a highlighter and that is why it isn’t as popular as it deserves to be. This powder can be used over the entire face to give your makeup a healthy glow. I have been loving this powder as it has made my dry looking skin disappear into a dewy flawless finish.

Thank you for reading my May favourites. Let me know in the comments your May favourites.

Bye for now xx

P.S. You can find me on social media;

Instagram: @blendandspend

Comments

Popular Posts