GROWN ALCHEMIST - First Impression and Review


I am all about skincare, give me a skincare product and I will use, love and cherish it forever and always (that’s right I’m guilty of being a beauty product hoarder). However, lately my skin has been a little temperamental to say the least – reacting to all kind of brands and products I usually love, breakouts that take a mountain of concealer to cover, not to mention the fact it is now in a state of constant dehydration. I am stuck, which is why when I was very kindly given a box of Grown Alchemist (now exclusively at Mecca, as of TODAY) products I was more than eager to give a clean and organic skincare range a red hot crack.

Grown Alchemist is a natural and clean skincare brand that believes the use of only organic skincare ingredients provides the skin with extra antioxidants and nutrients it wouldn’t otherwise have. Each and every product is formulated by team of cosmetic chemists from across the globe. It sounds pretty perfect so far, right?

After opening the beautiful parcel to find products that were packaged and designed beautifully Grown Alchemist was looking very promising, but would I fall in love with the products too?


Gentle Gel Facial Cleanser: Geranium Leaf, Bergamot & Rose-Bud

Oh my word! Can you say luxurious? This product honestly feels like a spa treatment. When applied to the skin it feels gentle and rich and smells completely amazing. My very temperamental skin was left feeling smooth and looking fresh and energized. I was also amazed to discover that the Gentle Gel Facial Cleanser had almost immediately calmed redness and irritation around problem areas such as blemishes. This has definitely earned itself a place in my skincare routine!

Enzyme Mask: Papain & Amino Complex

To say I was a little nervous to try this mask would be an absolute understatement, after all the product that launched my skin into a downward spiral was in fact an Enzyme Mask. However, I decided to take a leap of faith as it contains no harsh granules or ingredients – with most exfoliating properties of the product being delivered from amino acids (which already naturally occur in the body) and Papain (an enzyme derived from papaya fruit). The formula of the Enzyme Mask feels very calming on the skin, which was a definite surprise, and leaves a very bright finish to the face. However, I will say that whilst it does smooth the appearance of pores and lines, I do not find it hydrating and would only recommend it to combination/oily skin types.


Hydra-Repair Day Cream: Camellia & Geranium Blossom

There is nothing I love more than a great moisturiser, I am very easy to please in this category, if it leaves me feeling hydrated it is a winner in my books, which is why I am still baffled at the fact I was blown away by the Hydra-Repair Day Cream. The formula feels extremely lightweight on the skin, which is amazing considering it contains ingredients such as rosehip oil and mayblossom which add an extra hit of hydration. Plus, it smells sensational (almost like musk stick lollies, HELLO nostalgia).

Age-Repair Lip Treatment: Tri-Peptide Violet Leaf Extract

Lately I have become entirely obsessed with finding the perfect hydrating lip product, no matter how hard I search I can never find one that doesn’t leave my lips feeling dry and dehydrated. I was a little sceptical of the Age-Repair Lip Treatment as more often than not natural lip treatments turn to oil almost instantly, which does absolutely nothing for my dehydrated lips. However, I instantly fell in love with this little guy, it adds a constant hydration to the lips, which lasts for hours and leaves them feeling incredibly smooth and plump. *orders 100 more*

Deep Cleansing Masque: Wheatgerm, Ginkgo & Cranberry

I will be honest in saying that a I am not a clay mask kinda gal, if I am looking for a deep cleanse my Kate Somerville Cleanser and Dr Dennis Gross Universal Daily Pell will usually do the trick. I find the process of using a clay mask a little tedious. However, I was very pleasantly surprised, almost instantly after it was applied I could feel it tingling and getting to work on my skin. The Deep Cleansing Mask removed all signs of congestion from my pores, redness from blemishes and didn’t leave my skin feeling dry. This product has 100% changed the way I feel about clay masks!

Overall, I was very impressed with the brand as a whole! All the products felt extremely gentle on my somewhat temperamental skin. Grown Alchemist are definitely onto something here! I cannot wait to have an opportunity to get my hands on the rest of the range!

Thank you so much for reading this blogpost, I hope you enjoyed! Have you tried any Grown Alchemist products? Did you love them? Bye bye for now xx

P.S. You can find me on social media;

Instagram: @blendandspend 



P.P.S I know I have been slightly neglecting my blog lately. I have recently been accepted to return to study at university and it has been more than a little busy. Hopefully I can get back on track soon xx

Comments

Popular Posts